VP; Counsel – Bank Equipment Finance
The Vice President and Counsel, Americas Division for the Banking Corporation will work within the Legal Department and report to the Deputy General Counsel.
Primary responsibilities will include providing legal advice and documentation support to the Finance and Leasing Company Ltd, New York Branch in connection with transactions and providing advice under the supervision of senior legal department attorneys; including but not limited to, drafting and reviewing loan and lease documentation, and other equipment finance products such as installment sale, floor plan, payment plan agreement, asset purchase and loan and/or lease assignment and participation documentation, and confidentiality agreements, maintaining and renew state licenses, document review and production in connection with litigation or subpoena compliance.
- Providing Legal Support to Finance & Leasing (90%)
- Review, prepare, and advice on a broad range of equipment finance transactions including capital lease, operating lease, secured loan, installment sale, payment plan agreement, floor plan, factoring and others.
- Review various type of equipment finance documentations drafted or proposed by other parties
- Developing, renewing templates for various equipment finance contracts to ensure the company’s interests are consistently protected Provide overall reviews to identify any shortfalls and revisions in our contract document when inquired.
- Provide legal advice to staff on various lease & finance related issues and legal matters.
- Liaise with lessee, borrower, lawyer and/or related party to negotiate matters in order to protect rights as necessary.
- Maintain and renew state licenses. Any Director of Head Office, Shareholders and NY branches Change and registration. Any other assignment requested by Management.
- Review of internal policies and procedures
II Miscellaneous duties (10%)
- General corporate practice as a part of the Legal Department Qualifications
- Admission to the NY Bar (or clear qualification of eligibility for waiving in from another jurisdiction with which NY has reciprocity)
- 5 years minimum experience in a similar role in the equipment finance company
- Expert knowledge of all aspects of the leasing business Strong communications skills, ability to work under pressure, and cross-cultural sensitivity are required.