Senior Accounting/Ops Manager
Our client; a Gobal Bank owned Equipment Finance company, is seeking a Senior Accounting/Ops Manager to grow and manage a team of 20 with 4 Direct reports.
THEY WILL ASSIST WITH RELOCATION
Job Description Summary
Responsible for the accurate and timely processing of equipment finance transactions and the related accounting and financial reporting information for the Bank's leasing portfolios, as well as the portfolios serviced on behalf of managed clients. These responsibilities include, but are not limited to, funding of new leases, processing of cash activities, posting and review of general ledger activities, maintaining adequate internal controls, and providing accurate financial reports to management and external parties. This position manages an operations unit of high complexity and risk.
Essential Job Functions
- Manages, directly and through assistant managers, the day-to-day departmental duties, resolves issues, monitors deadlines, and follows up on pending matters.
- Recommends and/or authorizes new hires, terminations, disciplinary actions, salary actions and performance reviews. Provides on-the-job training and guidance to staff. Encourages staff development by giving meaningful feedback, establishing annual objectives, requiring cross-training and providing formal training, both in topics that are directly pertinent to the job functions as well as other areas for continued growth.
- Initiates and independently researches complex information requests, compiles statistics, gathers, analyzes and summarizes data for projects and reports, prepares the materials, and determines method of presentation. May also supervise and direct staff in completion of such tasks.
- Manages the daily accounting operations functions, including, but not limited to, processing of cash receipts, funding and recording of all new leases and processing of other disbursement activities.
- Reviews and interprets policies and procedures and assures complete understanding and compliance by all personnel.
- Recommends changes to policies/procedures when appropriate.
- Manages the month-end close process, including determination of necessary accruals and adjustments, review and analysis of variances to prior periods and budget, and preparation of financial reports and variance analysis to management. Responds to inquiries from the Bank’s Controller’s Department regarding financial results and variances.
- Responsible for adhering to GAAP and regulatory accounting requirements, as applicable to the portfolios included in the Bank’s financial statements.
- Prepares, or supervises the preparation of, certain financial reports and certifications, as required by the Bank’s Controller’s Department for completion of quarterly and annual SEC and regulatory filings.
- Establishes and maintains adequate accounting and internal controls. Interacts with internal and external auditors and bank regulators on occasion and provides compliance documentation as required for FDICIA and Sarbanes-Oxley.
- Manages the daily accounting and reporting functions related to lease portfolios managed clients, as required by such clients.
- Processes and maintains information of a highly complex and confidential nature dealing with issues of substantial importance to the department.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires broad management knowledge to lead project teams in one department.
- Typically has mastery level knowledge and skills within a specific technical or professional discipline with broad understanding of other areas within the job function.
- Requires 10-12 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- Bachelor's Degree Finance/Accounting
- Master’s/Advanced Degree - Preferred
- Required License(s) or Certifications CPA/CFA - Preferred
- Knowledge of GAAP.
- In depth knowledge of accounting for leases.
- Knowledge of external reporting requirements and banking regulations.
- Proficient knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint, General Ledger Systems and Infolease.
- Demonstrated ability to work on own initiative with little direction, to identify issues requiring attention, and to initiate and manage complex projects.
- Ability to work independently and as a team player.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Analytical skills and research abilities.
- Financial product and service knowledge.
- Business and executive office protocol.
- Mathematical skills, including compilation of statistics, balancing of figures.
- Organizational, planning and prioritization skills.
- Written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.