FIU-External Engagement Team
A qualified Anti-Money Laundering Analyst is needed to investigate alerts unusual activity; conduct enhanced due diligence reviews and research; escalate unusual activity and risk to appropriate parties in compliance including the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), The USA PATRIOT Act, US Treasury AML guidelines, OFAC, SEC, FINRA, FRB, FinCEN , and SAR requirements; and respond to AML related inquiries regarding FinCEN 314(a), 314(b), fraud and law enforcement requests
- Conduct time-sensitive and meticulous first-response investigations, analyzing money laundering activity and/or suspicious financial activity across multiple jurisdictions, utilizing a wide analytical and research tools
- Conduct bi-monthly database name scans in compliance with FinCEN 314(a) rules
- Produce well-written reports detailing and analyzing potentially suspicious activity for review
- Ability to streamline and manage casework with additional projects to aid the Investigations team
- Demonstrate a keen attention to detail in investigation, analysis, and writing
- Provide fraud investigative support for all lines of business. Position is responsible for detecting potential internal financial crimes and preparing investigative summaries
- Analyze simple and complex legal, compliance and fraud request instructions and apply to investigation scope
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent required or comparable work experience.
- 1-2 years in a litigation or compliance experience, preferably with direct FinCEN 314(a), FinCEN 314(b), legal compliance requests and/or fraud experience
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Proven proficiency using legal and compliance terminology and experience working in related practice area(s).
- Understanding core concepts of wire composition, bank products and systems
- Excellent organizational skills and close attention to detail.
- Ability to adjust priorities, schedules and adapt new processes to achieve success
- Experience with ability to handle tasks with affirmative deadlines.
- Proven ability to work in a fast paced, high-pressure environment. Demonstrates initiative and ability to work independently.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to utilize advanced features of Microsoft Office Suite 2010 (Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint), database and presentation software and ability to navigate government and other related websites.
- Keyboarding skills of 60 wpm or higher required.
- Must exhibit a high degree of initiative in managing multiple priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, detail-oriented work environment utilizing excellent judgment, and decision-making skills.
914-524-0301 ext 124