Corporate Risk Assessment / Assistant Vice President
Demonstrate Bank's New York Branch’s commitment to compliance by assisting and administering a comprehensive Corporate Risk Assessment Program (non-BSA/AML, sanctions). The Corporate Risk Assessment Program requires the identification, measurement, and assessment of corporate compliance risk associated with applicable laws and regulations by the development and deployment of a methodology that determines ratings for Inherent Risk, Controls, and Residual Risks.
1. Assist in execution for the Branch’s Corporate Risk Assessment effort, focus on delivery of various components of the program including input into program framework, documentation, stakeholder engagement, project planning and management reporting;
2. Liaise with stakeholders and provide guidance and clarification to stakeholders on Program’s objective, design and execution of related deliverables;
3. Assist in execution of analysis of Corporate Risk Assessment data, metrics and qualitative factors to identify key drivers of corporate risk assessment risks and controls to inform thematic reporting and program updates;
4. Assist with the enhancement and supporting analysis of corporate risk assessment methodologies, including aggregation of risk rating at the Branch’s operating unit level, provide assistance to drive tactical and strategic changes to support and enhance the Branch’s Corporate Risk Assessment Program;
5. Coordinate the identification, development and mapping of assigned operating unit’s controls and risk profiles;
6. Responsible for executing risk assessment review and drafting formal risk assessment reports, including but not limited to, documenting risk assessment process and final results, maintaining supporting documents for the operating units assigned in Corporate Risk Assessment Campaigns and Annual Corporate Risk Assessment Review;
7. Coordinate the development of corporate risk assessment database, including but not limited to Corporate Risk Assessment’s Control and Regulatory Inventory Library, Risk Assessment Questionnaire, inventory of risk profiles;
8. Assist in designing and enhancing Corporate Risk Assessment policies, procedures, methodologies, risk scoring and documentation standards;
9. Coordinate in research and identification of regulations and requirements applicable for the assessed operating units and/or areas, services/products in Corporate Banking and Financial Institutions settings;
10. Coordinate with Corporate Risk Assessment Training and ongoing liaison with business representatives;
11. In alignment with the methodology, ensure that corrective action plans are recorded in the appropriate repository; oversee regular updating by issue owners and address/escalate as needed;
12. Assist and coordination with regulatory, internal and/or external requests;
13. Assist with BSA/AML and Sanctions Compliance Risk Assessment, Corporate Compliance Monitoring and Testing reviews, and other compliance management reporting activities as needed.
In order to perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
1. Minimum of 5 years of compliance risk assessment experience;
2. Familiar with risk assessment concepts, methodologies, and documentation standards and workflow practices;
3. Familiar with Corporate Banking and Financial Institutions business and relevant products/services;
4. Effective and strong communicator. Ability to write clearly and succinctly.
5. Ability to independently document risk assessment process and present formal draft report.
6. Ability to multi-task and manage multiple high priority deliverables effectively in a fast-paced environment.
Required Education and Experience:
1) Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university in Business, Finance or Law and
2) four to six years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
1) Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. 2) Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
3) Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers.