· Provide legal advice and support across all business and operations units, including, but not limited to, preparing, negotiating and advising on a wide range of commercial agreements and legal documents, such as purchase and sale agreements, confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements, marketing agreements, sponsorship agreements, referral agreements, third party service provider agreements, license agreements, software agreements, commercial leases, term sheets, consumer and commercial loan documentation, product disclosures and standard terms and conditions, and commercial and retail banking forms and templates.
· Provide legal support on strategic matters and initiatives, including the management of various projects from time to time.
· Proactively identify and create process efficiencies and mitigating risks to the institution through facilitation, escalation and collaboration of matters with stakeholders, including advising on various regulatory, litigation, reputational and operational risk events.
· Engage with stakeholders to support product development, support product campaigns, review marketing and advertising materials and advise on customer communications.
· Field inquiries, perform investigations and provide appropriate guidance on all matters pertaining to the institution’s retail banking network of branches.
· Proactively manage and coordinate with outside counsel on various litigation, transactional and regulatory engagements, among other things, and enforce outside counsel engagement and case management policies and procedures.
· Perform tasks relative to the planning, structuring and development of corporate transactions, in-house legal matters, contracting and vendor management issues and internal operations.
· Investigate and handle disputes and conduct internal investigations.
· Support internal governance and approval processes, including coordinating with compliance, administration, operations and other internal stakeholders as appropriate.
· Conduct legal research as necessary to support the needs and activities of the institution and the legal division.
· Participate in and supporting the resolution of non-performing loan portfolios, workout and bankruptcy matters.
· Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of the Legal Division from time to time.
· Conduct and coordinate day-to-day management, review, intake and handling of incoming pre-litigation demands, lawsuits and various types of discovery requests, in addition to including conducting research and analyzing matters in support of internal and external counsel.
· Monitor of legal and regulatory developments impacting the financial services industry and the institution and ensure legal compliance in all areas of the institution’s operations.
Interview: Phone screen with HR, meet with manager, another meeting with the team (All via phone/video conference)
legal operations manager- ops anything ops related
3 attorneys that report into managing director
need someone who is comfortable speaking with senior management
banking experience is a must
914 979 1230