VP Middle Market Leveraged Lending
Our client, a Global Bank with a growing Middle Market Leveraged Lending team is looking for a senior lending professional in their NY office. The position will be a key member of the team who is responsible for helping the group continue to achieve its growth strategy.
- Attending bank meetings and presentations from other origination sources (sponsors, other financial institutions, club deal meetings) with respect to potential new transactions
- Screening deals internally, evaluating credit worthiness, review of credit structures, analysis of historical and projected financial statements/modeling, managing the credit application process from preparation through funding
- Processing new transactions and handling the deal from inception through closing – performing detailed diligence and analysis of risks and mitigants. Results include increasing the overall portfolio as well as enhancing the team’s reputation in the market.
- Internally managing the credit process including application preparation, internal bank systems/grading, financial statement analysis, modeling, application preparation, credit approval, documentation
- Ensuring close coordination with directors to ensure coordination with Agents and sponsor coverage.
- Some portfolio management responsibilities for newly originated transactions
- Occasional travel required
-10+ years working in lending, preferably with experience in a middle market leveraged lending environment.
- Bachelors degree required, or its equivalent. Advanced degree preferred
- Excellent credit, lending and analytical skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Must be a team player - ability to coordinate and work with credit professionals, originators, senior management and operational professionals
- Must have strong management skills - ability to manage and train junior staff
- Must have strong marketing skills - ability to communicate effectively with external parties to assist in winning new business/ability to represent the team in the market and assist in generating new business
- Must have strong time management - able to work under relatively tight deadlines
914-524-0301 ext 106