VP Infrastructure Finance
Our client; a Global Bank, needs a NYC based Financing Specialist to provide execution and origination support capability for project finance advisory and lead arranging roles in the Infrastructure sector.
Day to day responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Manage bid preparation on large and complex Public-Private Partnerships on advisory mandates.
• Manage financing structuring and optimization of the capital structure in order to determine the most suitable sources of financing.
- Manage capital raising processes with banks, bond underwriters, investors, rating agencies and other financiers.
- Manage financing document negotiations (term sheets, commitment letters, credit agreements and others) on behalf of equity sponsors on advisory mandates and as lead arranger on lending mandates.
- Manage commercial document negotiations on behalf of equity sponsors on advisory mandates (concession agreements, Design-Build contracts, Operation & Maintenance contracts) and as lead arranger on lending mandates.
- Day to day transaction management with key clients of the bank and, as appropriate, minimal oversight from Director and Managing Director in the Infrastructure team
- Assist and supervise the junior staff in their deliverables to clients and/or senior members of team
• Coordinate and train junior staff to develop first-in class financial modeling capabilities as well as structuring, negotiations and credit skills in line with required standards,
- Marketing and origination of structured debt and advisory business opportunities
- Maintain a working knowledge of developments in the Infrastructure sector as well as current transactions and opportunities in the market
- Manage preparation of credit applications, information memorandum, offering memo and other presentations to support the advisory mandates and internal credit processes.
- Manage internal credit processes on arranging mandates, including coordination and presentation to credit committees and senior management in the bank.
- 6+ years of prior experience in project financing with direct involvement in bid situations financial closes
• 3+ years in developing complex financial models for project finance transactions
- Bachelors Degree (mathematic, physics, engineering or economy/finance/business) from a top tier university
• Master’s degree
- Strong presentation skills, both orally and in writing
• Capacity to understand complex financial structures and familiarity with credit and related legal documentation
• Ability to excel in a fast-paced, pressure orientated environment and deliver under tight deadlines
• Solid understanding of financial markets
• Ability to work in a team structure
- Strong financial modeling skills
• Strong numeracy skills, intimate understanding of accounting concepts, financial statements, cashflows and corporate finance valuation.
• Strong credit analysis skills (formal Credit training is a plus)
• Computer literacy (MS Office)
• Good knowledge of Bloomberg