Our client; a growing US Bank, is seeking an Associate in their Utilities Group.
The successful candidate will be required to:
- be responsible for credit analysis of large corporate clients in the US. Specific sectors covered are investor owned electric and gas utilities, municipal power companies and wholesale commodity distributors.
- support origination by analyzing new transactions and maintaining existing portfolio
- generate detailed cash flow and debt capacity models that help establish suitable capital structures, financial covenants, and sensitivity to key variables
- research and analyze clients' financial situations, industry and market data
- make recommendations related to internal borrower risk ratings and maximum exposure levels
- participate in formal presentations to syndicate lenders
- perform valuation analysis to assess collateral coverage
- review deal structures and legal documentation
- interact with clients and risk management
Candidate must be a highly motivated individual with proven leadership skills. Candidate must also demonstrate excellent verbal and written communications skills, as well as strong business/analytical skills. Successful candidate will have the ability to identify and communicate credit risk issues and concepts.
- Working knowledge of credit products, including derivatives is preferred, not required.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and manage deadlines, as well as work well with peers and members of other product groups/business units in deal team circumstances.
Specific Education Requirements:
- MBA degree preferred, not required.
- 3 - 5 Year's Credit analysis experience in Corporate Banking for large US corporates).
- Sector experience (power and gas utilities) is preferable but NOT required