Regulatory Liason – Cleveland Ohio
Oversee regulatory interactions and activities, driving accountabilities and consistency of approach. Serve as a trusted advisor to all constituents within the regulatory process. Responsible for the overall quality and consistent execution of Bank's examination management process.
Administer processes and activities to support the Chief Risk Officer and the ERM Committee in strategic and reputation risk oversight activities. Coordinate and update the strategic and reputation risk tolerances and ensure appropriate reporting and governance. Collaborate with other stakeholders in these processes and activities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Provides strategic direction for the regulatory examination program, including objectives, goals, processes, quality assurance, tracking mechanisms, etc.
• Based on industry trends and leveraging of industry contacts, anticipates and communicates possible targeted exams that may not be identified on the regular exam schedule.
• Serves as a primary point of contact for the regulators on all Bank regulatory examinations. Communicates with regulators to stay abreast of current issues. Understands the expectations of regulators and drives the examination process so that regulators' expectations are met.
• Ensures that internal regulatory examination managers are appointed. Oversees training and support for regulatory examination managers.
• Oversees the development and delivery of tools to support a consistent approach to be used by examination managers during the examination process.
• Provides support and guidance on complex issues. Interacts with senior executives, the legal department and other internal groups to ensure appropriate communications and commitments to regulators.
• Participates in the kickoff sessions on more complex or high profile exams with regulators, examination managers, senior executives and other parties. Participates in the final examination meeting on complex matters to discuss findings, conclusions and the draft of the examination summary.
• Reviews examination responses when applicable to ensure quality of responses, including commitments for any remediation. Provides appropriate guidance to examination manager to ensure high quality documentation and communications.
• Provides regulatory exam updates to risk governance committees and senior executives. Assesses severity of any issues and provides timely updates to other senior executives.
• Collaborates with Director of Risk Review Professional Practices Division to identify opportunities for continuous improvement relative to the overall regulatory examination process.
• Oversees the production and delivery of regulatory exam scorecards.
• Oversee the compilation, completion and review of the Senior Loan Officer Survey for the FRB and other regulatory surveys and questionnaires.
• Establish scoring standards for strategic and reputation risks to be used by the first line of defense in completing dashboards, profiles and risk assessments.
• Develop and review annually the corporate and LOB level risk tolerances and triggers for strategic and reputation risks
o Monitor corporate level risk tolerances and escalate at defined triggers; ensure LOB level risk tolerances are monitored and escalated at triggers
o Monitor and ensure accountabilities on remediation plans to bring items back within tolerances
• Ensure that strategic and reputation risks are identified, managed and escalated across risk disciplines
• Compile reports for the Chief Risk Officer on strategic and reputation risk trends, levels and action items
• Develop measurements/metrics and reporting processes for strategic and reputation risk tolerances, trends, etc.
• Contribute to the development of ERM training content, especially in the areas of strategic risk, reputation risk and regulatory expectations.
• Provide strategic and reputation risk management training, education and communication to corporate and LOB employees.
• Contribute to the advancement of management and Board reporting ( Executive Summaries, etc.).
• Serve as a subject matter expert on strategic and reputation risk policy matters (e. g. inclusion of strategic and reputation risk in BIRA policy, etc.)
• Monitor Risk Management’s trends in Risk Review Open Issues. Indentify and escalate concerns to management.
• Serve as secondary point of review and back-up for compilation of the CEO’s quarterly FRB/Federal Advisory Council summaries.
• May serve as exam manager or oversee exam management activities in senior level corporate regulatory exams (e.g. Corporate Governance, ERM. etc.). Maintain constructive interaction with regulators.
• Collaborates with LOB examination managers when appropriate and helps formulate recommendations in response to examination findings.
• Actively contributes to industry efforts to develop and implement good compliance practices for advisors, brokers, dealers and bank trust departments.
• Ensure LOB or support group resolution of any violations. Ensures appropriate tracking and provides updates to other executives.
• Collaborates with others to identify communication and outreach needs on significant risk and/or regulatory matters.
• Periodic assignments related to the constantly changing Risk Management environment.
• Strong relationship skills and an ability to influence others
• Undergraduate degree
• Experience in dealing with internal or external auditors
• Outstanding communication skills
• Advanced degree preferred
• 3-5 years of experience in dealing with regulators preferred