Director; Senior Market Risk Officer
Our client, a global bank, is seeking a Director Level Senior Market Risk Officer in their NYC offices.
The Market Risk department, designs regulatory models and validates pricing and liquidity models.
As part of Market Risk department, the team frames market risks from the desks originating transactions from the US (either local booking or global booking), focusing on one of the asset classes: Credit.
The Senior Market Risk officer reports to the Head of Market Risk and manages other VP level market Risk officers.
Scope of Position:
The candidate manages the framing market risks Credit products (bonds, CDS, Credit derivatives, financing) on ABS (RMBS, CMBS, loans …) and non sovereign underlyings (corporate …).
- Oversee activity and exposures, and provide the management with sound analysis and reporting;
- Provide a framework of limits for market risk according to the delegation set-up;
- Analyze transactions and provide authorization according to the validated delegation framework ;
- Define measures and methodologies to assess market risks and counterparty risks while combining market and counterparty expertise;
- Contribute to the definition of valorization methods of market transactions;
- Contribute to the definition of internal regulatory model;
- Be vigilant on other types of risk.
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree
- Strong knowledge of the market and the instruments
- Understanding of the regulatory and compliance environment
- Good communication with traders and support functions
- Experience in Non-Agency as well as Agency Credit Products
- Act as adviser and partner with the front office. A trade facing position. Must be market oriented.
914-524-0301 ext 151