Corporate Credit Analyst
LocationNew York, NY
- Reviews/assesses credit applications from branches/agencies.
- Provides effective analysis of credit including, worthiness of applicant, loan structure, risk return, applicant operating profile and industry profile including historical profit and loss performance, financial condition and cash flow. Creates cash flow projections, commenting on the reasonableness of assumptions in both management’s and companies sensitivity cases. Compares the prospective borrower to its peers and notes industry trends.
- Prepares accurate, clear, well-organized and complete written summary/analysis (Credit Opinion) with recommendations for approval or decline. Discusses with branches/agencies potential changes to credit structure or other conditions for which we would grant credit approval.
- Presents credit approval recommendations to senior management.
- Thoroughly analyzes and recommends appropriate industry subsector and Borrower exposure to maximize risk return.
- Directly engages in external with syndicate banks, rating agencies, clients, law firms and other related parties, in co-ordination with coverage bankers, other product partners and affiliates.
- Proactively monitors and assesses assigned borrowers/industries including market data such as share price, EDF, CDS or loan secondary price or other appropriate indices and reports the information and its impact on credits/industries to Senior Management in a timely manner.
- Complies with credit standards, policies, objectives and requirements. Plays strong management role with branches/agencies to ensure they understand and comply with the policies.
- Acts as liaison between, gathers information (especially on problem customers) from and exchanges views with Credit Departments and senior management regarding issues related to credit applications, monitoring, analysis, standards and policies.
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting, Business, Finance or Economics or strong quantitative background
- Solid time management skills.
- Ability to plan and schedule work to meet both long term and short term time frames.
- Consistently demonstrates effective negotiation, verbal and written communication skills. Ability to present credit package to decision maker.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Capable of working well independently and in teams.
- Strong knowledge of credit policies and procedures.
- Effectively analyzes and solves problems/issues.
- Proficiency with Capital IQ, Bloomberg, MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Formalized credit training from an accredited financial institution (3+ years experience) and proficient financial modeling skills