Our client invests in private-markets opportunities—including, international and domestic investments in private equity, venture capital, distressed credit, real estate, real assets and special opportunities—both directly and in partnerships with other successful investment managers.
They are seeking a bright, analytical, enthusiastic and organized legal analyst to join their legal team. This position is ideal for someone who is interested in potentially pursuing a career as a transactional attorney in the future and who would like to gain insight into the practice of law in-house at an investment advisor. Your responsibilities will include:
- Supporting internal and external counsel through the entire lifecycle of an investment (from initial evaluation to consummation of a transaction through the monitoring and support of a portfolio company);
- Reviewing, revising and negotiating routine service contracts and non-disclosure agreements;
- Collecting, organizing and tracking a wide variety of transactional documentation and records and developing processes to streamline maintenance of transactional and legal records;
- Summarizing contracts and tracking deal terms across similar investments;
- Maintaining and updating internal legal templates, forms and best practice guidelines; and
- Performing legal and other supplemental research.
- University degree.
- 1 to 2 years’ experience as a paralegal or legal administrative assistance in a law firm or corporate setting with a focus on transactional/corporate law.
- Strong organizational, communication and listening skills.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and manage expectations in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to manage projects in a variety of areas.
- Developed sense of ownership and personal responsibility.
- Analytical frame of mind with a curiosity to learn new skills and about new subject matters.
- Interest to pursue a career as an attorney with desire to work for at least 2 to 3 years before entering law school.