Lean Six Sigma Black Belt
Our client, a world-class financial and management services for commercial transportation is a business-to-business company that helps other companies and government entities manage their total transportation needs. In the process, they reduce costs and improve the productivity. It's an exciting field with lots of areas where you can grow.
Are you a change agent? We have an exceptional opportunity for a strong Lean Six Sigma Black Belt in the MD office. The Continuous Improvement Group’s Six Sigma Black Belt is an improvement specialist who is tasked with constantly improving service delivery in ways that are visible, measurable and meaningful to our customers while reducing any risk of customer dissatisfaction or potential client losses. The incumbent is expected to apply Lean Six Sigma and other methodologies as the execute improvements to our processes and performance. This position reports to the Vice President of Operational Excellence.
As the Lean Six Black Belt, you will:
---Lead identified improvement efforts through all stages of the basic Six Sigma process (DMAIC) across various areas of the organization while providing leadership and guidance for the people who are attached to the project (process owners, subject matter experts, technology specialist, etc).
---Implement improvement actions and measuring (certifying) the results. Improvements focus on improved service delivery to clients and/or improved organizational productivity/operating efficiency.
---Conduct data and other analysis to determine root causes of service performance failure
---Document via flowcharting existing processes, identify fail points and develop solutions
---Research possible solutions (in cooperation with the group’s application developers, Element’s IT group or outside service delivery vendors)
---Identify or conceptualize process/system improvement
---Calculate financial cost & benefits; validate results with process owners
Education and Experience
• Experienced Six Sigma Black Belt, or in progress certification required
• 4+ years of business experience in a service, financial or manufacturing environment
• Bachelors degree required; Masters degree preferred
Knowledge and Competencies
• Pro-active, process driven, with a strong focus on understanding and exceeding the expectations of the customer
• Must be a results oriented “change agent” with the ability to successfully interface with all levels and areas of the organization, establish close working relationships, and build consensus for chosen solutions
• Ability to quantify impact to process metrics and financials
• Ability to develop creative solutions to problem solving
• Able to express information through strong verbal and written communications
• Must be skilled in the use of Microsoft suite of office products, specifically MS Project and Visio
• Enthusiastic, energetic, and highly driven