Senior Auditor will perform internal audits of operational, financial, compliance and IT areas and SOX 404 testing. Special projects as required and administrative tasks as necessary.
Position is based in their Rockland County New York office with some travel in the tri-state region, no overnight.
Requires Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
Requires a minimum of 15 years of progressively responsible experience in bank auditing. Preference is for the experience to be with a bank(s) with assets exceeding one billion or with the OCC/FDIC/FED or with a medium/large CPA firm.
- Strong knowledge of GAAP, especially as it relates to banking
- Excellent hands on computer/technology/systems skills
- Strong bank operations, finance and regulatory compliance knowledge. Knowledge of IT audit a plus. Specific competencies in the audit of the ALLL, ALCO and specialized lending areas a plus
- Ability to improve existing audit programs or create new ones as needed especially as to identifying underlying risks and ensuring appropriate controls are in place to mitigate such risks
- Process improvement experience a plus
- Highly motivated self-starter who is driven, aggressive in a positive fashion and unafraid of the opportunities and demands of working in a high growth, fast paced, rapidly changing organization
- Highly organized with the ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills
- Superior written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to develop new ideas and creative solutions
- Must be able to meet deadlines, including working overtime to achieve such deadlines
914-524-0301 ext 151