This position is responsible for managing team of Lease Transaction Specialists, whose duties include preparing lease and loan documentation for transactions that our client Bank enters into with various customers. Including the oversight of the work performed, it is this position’s responsibility to make sure that the Bank’s interests are protected.
The position is responsible for the day to day and strategic direction of the department and requires a thorough knowledge of the leasing business, tax rules, legal issues and accounting rules applicable to leasing.
The manager will be responsible for direct supervision of 10 + product specialists, including high level bank officers and senior leadership positions and will train staff over a long period of time.
- Design, implement, and enhance internal controls to mitigate risk on an ongoing basis. Identify risk-related issues needing escalation to senior management.
- Approve exceptions to corporate policy, within authority limits, as given by Manager and based on experience. Evaluate risk to bank. Exceptions may include issues involving: insurance, credit risk, security interest, guarantees and documentation issues.
- Create, approve and modify procedures relating to signing authority, department operations and reporting within the department. Assist with the same within Equipment Finance and responsible for all internal compliance issues within the group.
- Coordinate all aspects/functions of team to match the requests submitted from the various groups and departments within the Bank. Review/interpret credit approvals and understand the many requirements, documentation, legal negotiations, documenting legal requirements and funding transactions. Review and guide team through more complex transactions. Work through all changes needed to existing transactions.
- Delegate projects, recognize and work to correct shortcomings in processes and procedures.
- Understand and interpret complexities of doing business outside of the United States, as well as the impacts and intricacies of multiple state sales tax and DMV laws per equipment and transaction type.
- Manage and assume all aspects of team’s responsibilities and risk including accountabilities, project management, sales support, problem resolution, with adherence to time constraints/deadlines, and day to day activities.
- Interact constantly with all areas including the Leasing Sales team, commercial bank and the bank’s internal operations departments. Develop and present Equipment Finance department training.
- Drive an ongoing training program culture focused on knowledge and skill development.
- Provide input to budget and cost center management in annual planning process.
- Interpret issues, formulate solutions and implement resolution of problems.
- Communicate with customers and outside vendors to solve problems, mitigate risk to the bank and assist in negotiating documents with customers and their attorneys for win/win results.
- May serve as a functional representative on internal bank committees and ad-hoc projects.
- Responsible for authorizing all UCC search/filing fees.
- Adhere to applicable compliance/operational risk controls in accordance with Company or regulatory standards and policies.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the Bank brand.
- Maintain Bank’s internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
- Exercise usual authority of a manager concerning staffing, performance appraisals, promotions, salary recommendations, performance management and terminations.
- 10 years’ experience in document preparation in a leasing company environment with a minimum of 5 years’ commercial leasing product/administration experience, including 3 years’ management/supervisory experience.
- Ability to work effectively and professionally with all levels of management.
- Ability to absorb bank’s strategic vision and mission and apply it to day to day operations and management problems.
Possess thorough knowledge and understanding of the financing industry, all products available to the customers and overall processes/operations in order to provide expert guidance regarding the business/operation of the department and to mitigate impacts that may affect it.
In depth product knowledge of Fair Market Value, TRAC/Modified TRAC, Tax Exempt, Municipal and Conditional Sale lease products and loan transactions, including general structuring knowledge.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong interpersonal skills in order to interact with internal/external legal counsel and all levels of management.
Ability to encourage teamwork and serve as role model when leading and directing others.
914-524-0301 ext 112