Director, Middle Market Sponsor Origination
Our client; a global bank seeks a Director on the Private Equity Sponsor Origination team to be based in Chicago. This is a position of increasing responsibility. Primary duties include: originating and generating new business through existing and new relationships as well as assisting in the underwriting process for potential new borrowers.
1) Originate and develop new middle market sponsor relationships. Source, develop and build relationships with middle market private equity sponsors, including club transactions, lead opportunities and participation in cash flow financings (LBO/M&A, refis).
2) Evaluate transactions and develop structures to propose terms on new deal opportunities. Take an active role in the credit process of the transactions, working with VPs, Associates and Analysts as well as the credit department to gain approval for transactions. Keep senior management advised of material developments.
3) Train and assist in management of junior team members.
4) Travel required for sponsor relationship management as well as to borrowers to understand the needs of the sponsors underlying portfolio companies.
- 10+ years experience with middle market leverage lending environment.
- MBA, CFA or other professional designation preferred.
- Prior experience leading transaction teams and proven ability to work effectively in cross functional team environment.
- Formal credit or corporate finance training and experience with leverage lending required.
- Prior experience structuring transactions, evaluating credit and reviewing legal documentation.
- Long term relationships with Middle Market Private Equity sponsors and other industry players.
- Private Equity relationships in the Mid-West/Chicago area is highly desirable.
- Origination experience and sponsor relationships in the middle market.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an ability to present and pitch ideas to top tier clients
- Experience successfully leading middle market leverage transactions including modeling and financial analysis - ability to review and accurately analyze borrowers, sectors, structures, terms, etc.
- Understand clients’ business needs, generate ideas and develop value added solutions for our customers as well as assist management in building a long term strategy for the business.
- Results oriented and proven leadership, team building and problem solving skills.
914-524-0301 ext 113