Compliance Officer -AML Trade Finance
LocationNew York, NY
1 – New client on- boarding & KYC monitoring:
- Upon receipt of KYC opinion from OPER/KYC, analysis of High and Med-High risk files during on-boarding and review including the issuance of a Compliance opinion.
- Escalation to SEGL/CFT/SFG of High Risk files (except for punctual or one shot deals)
- Management of FCU Opinion passporting with other Local TCF Compliance Officers, when multiple places are involved/requested at On-boarding.
- Preliminary Opinion given on sensitive files upon request of local NAT/TCF/DIR.
2 – Transaction approval
- Advice on transactions upon request by FO/MO and BO as well as transactions involving countries subject to sanction & embargoes when the case faced is out of the scope of the procedure Sanction & Embargoes dedicated to TCF or when researches managed by FO/MO/BO raise a HIT after the due diligence made by FO/MO/BO.
- Review of credit application from a financial crime and embargoes/sanctions perspective when risk is identified and upon request of local NAT/TCF/DIR.
- Participate to credit committees on files where a decision of compliance is being sought
- Review of cases that involve an increased reputation risk and follow the reputation risk process
3 – Execution & payments
- Assist Front Office and OPER (Middle-office and back-office teams) on HITS raised during the life-cycle of transactions when FO/MO/BO can’t determine the accuracy of the HIT throughout the process of investigation in :
- Analyzing the Red Flags
- Analyzing the Sanction & Embargoes issues
- Analyzing the question or Hits raised by FORCES team or external demanders (Banks, Regulators, Auditors)
4 – Compliance control/awareness
- GPS: Perform spot checks to assess the quality of the set-up on the operational controls.
- Remediation of Issues : Define in partnership with GLFI/OPER the action plan when needed and participate in its implementation.
- Gather market intelligence and cascade to OPER and TCF teams information and relevant impacts for TCF business.
- Propose and organize compliance trainings for FO/MO/BO focused on TCF Business.
- Formalize an annual mapping of compliance risks (front to back) and their evolution for each platform, define and participate in the action plan.
- Participate to the Worldwide FCU Committee dedicated to TCF purposes.
- 7+ years of experience across a wholesale/ investment bank and / or law firm with focus on regulations or compliance.
- Bachelors Degree
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and research skills.
- Ability to understand complex regulations and explain impact to business and support personnel throughout the Firm.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a complex organization, across multiple cultures, geographies, and disciplines.
- Ability to balance multiple, changing priorities in a dynamic and fast moving working environment.
- Strong ability to partner with business lines, Operations and other stakeholders.
- Strong time management skills and the ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to spot issues, and address conflicts and escalate issues where appropriate
- Excellent problem solving and time management skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with rapidly changing priorities
914-524-0301 ext 126