Business Information Analyst
This position is responsible for developing, maintaining and the continuous improvement of the Equipment Finance unit’s data reporting and analysis and serves as the subject matter expert for LOB data and applications. The position is also responsible for defining requirements, designing, testing and implementing reports and dashboards that span the full life cycle of the Equipment Finance unit’s activity. The position sits in the LOB and may also be responsible for supporting centralized BI programs including implementation and evolution of BI strategy and vision.
- Create, modify, and manage a portfolio of reports and dashboards including management, analysis, informational and audit reporting.
- Manage and support the data reporting initiatives and user community. Responsible for developing strategies to report across multiple data sources. Develop thorough understanding of data schema of proprietary processing applications.
- Research, review, and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing report procedures and develop strategies for enhancing or further levearging these processes. Recommend enhancements and alternative methodologies to constantly improve access to information.
- Develops and maintains reports, models or databases to support individual group and /or the enterprise’s routine and ad hoc data and analytical needs. Examples include, but are not limited to, customer exposure, risk ratings, equipment and residual concentrations, post-closing follow-up items, cross-sell reporting, pipeline reporting, and other project related requests.
- Manages tracking and resolution of data quality, technical and other issues.
- Ensures processes are in place and followed to correct any data quality issues in the source system versus end user reporting.
- Complies with all Bank policies/procedures and all applicable federal and state laws and regulations.
- Ensures continuous improvement of the quality and accuracy of data and reporting processes, partnering with individuals outside of LOB as needed.
- Participates in BI user group to provide feedback on tools, data issues; needs to ensure continuous development of the discipline.
- Anticipates data and analytical needs of LOB; monitor industry trends and potential impact on business.
- Adheres to enterprise-wide BI governance policies and procedures.
- “LIVE” the Bank’s Mission Statement and “PRACTICE” the Bank’s Corporate Strategy.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university in related area such as Accounting, Finance, Business or Engineering,
- 4 to 7 years of BI or analytics experience, preferably in Banking and/or financial institutions.
- Experience with strategic planning, financial modeling, process improvement, and project management is preferred.
- Demonstrates ability to take initiative, learn quickly, and to prioritize regular workload, special tasks and concurrent projects, allocating time and resources to ensure that work is completed accurately and efficiently within established time frame.
- Advanced knowledge and expertise in Microsoft programs, specifically Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and SharePoint;
- SQL Server Management Studios,
- Microsoft Reporting Services and Crystal Reports; and
- Ability to perform custom analysis of information with SQL Server.
- Experience with financial and lease accounting systems preferred.
Nicky Gross 914-595-5748