AVP/VP Research Compliance
Our client is the NY office of a Global Bank. This Research Compliance role will be responsible for implementing the compliance program for the Research businesses from the firm’s New York Office.
This individual will be providing guidance to Research Analysts on matters related to the Global Settlement, the revised Equity Research rules, the new Fixed Income Research rules (FINRA Rules 2241 and 2242) and will be interacting with Research management, the Research chaperones and Supervisory Analysts.
- Continuously identify regulatory trends and developments, advising business staff as to how this may impact their current activities, and working with supervisors to implement any required changes to current policy / practice.
- Participate in industry groups to formulate best practices related to Sales practices and Research matters, advocate regulatory change.
- Develop and enhance Compliance policies and procedures and coordinate with global colleagues in developing global standards.
- Assist with the establishment of an appropriate control framework tailored to the activities of the specific business lines.
- Conduct periodic risk assessments of the business lines and their control frameworks.
- Assist in the preparation of Compliance reports for Compliance Management, Senior Management, Executive Committees, and Risk Committees etc. as required.
- Participate in internal reviews, perform ad-hoc testing, assist in responding to regulatory inquiries, and coordinate internal and external audits and inspections.
- Develop and deliver Compliance training on appropriate topics
- Bachelor’s Degree; JD or MBA a plus.
- 5+ years of compliance or regulatory experience, preferably with a federal regulator or self-regulatory organization, or in a trading environment, risk management function, or law firm.
- Strong knowledge of SEC and FINRA rules and regulations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to identify and escalate issues that pose reputational risk to the firm or create a conflict of interest.
- Ability to make, support and defend difficult and complex regulatory and/or compliance decisions.
- Ability to influence and demonstrate confidence when interfacing with the Front Office.
- Ability to project confidence and professionalism in all dealings with business personnel.
- Securities license(s) a plus.
914-524-0301 ext 126