AVP Real Estate Legal & Compliance Attorney
LocationNew York, NY
The Real Estate Legal and Compliance department serves as the chief legal and compliance office for the companies business globally.
- The AVP will work closely with a Principal in Real Estate Legal and Compliance, as well as attorneys and others within the Real Estate group.
- The AVP will work on the Real Estate Legal and Compliance team handling a variety of legal and compliance-related matters, with a focus on securities law and corporate governance matters.
- Provide advice and counsel on legal aspects of SEC and FINRA rules and filings, as well as financial and other communications
- Draft, review and coordinate various regulatory filings related to public companies/registered funds (including prospectuses, annual and periodic reports and tender offer documents)
- Assist with board management, including setting board meeting agendas, preparing board materials and otherwise assisting with board meetings
- Draft and review corporate governance related documents (e.g., committee charters, manuals and policies) and analyze corporate governance related matters
- Draft, review, coordinate and administer contracts and matters relating to corporate existence/formalities
- Assist with other legal, compliance and regulatory matters related to the SEC, CFTC, FINRA, Blue Sky rules and World Sky rules
- Work with, guide and manage outside counsel
- Interact with and assist investment, finance, asset management, investor relations and operational professionals regarding legal and compliance matters
- Multi-task - have the ability to work on several different investment vehicles with different teams at the same time
- Leverage strong communication skills to interact with senior management
- J.D. with strong academic credentials
- At least 3 years of prior experience at a law firm and/or investment management firm with a focus on securities law and/or corporate governance related matters
- Understanding of the Investment Company Act, ’33 Act, ’34 Act, Investment Advisers Act and SEC rules
- Strong attention to detail and analytical skills
- Strong drafting and organizational skills
- Ability to communicate confidently and effectively
- Ability to work independently while remaining a strong team player
- Ability to interpret legal and business terms
- Substantial initiative, creativity and drive