This role will assist in the entire syndication deal process including completion of due diligence, comps, preparation of marketing and syndication material, legal documentation review and internal underwriting approvals. The role would also involve a substantial amount of financial advisory work in project finance analyzing multiple pools of liquidity and tailoring optimal financing solutions for clients.
- Work directly with the Originations and Distribution senior deal leads and be involved in all aspects of Project Finance transactions including pitching and financial advisory functions
- Prepare marketing materials such as Confidential Information Memorandums and Lender Presentations
- Draft underwriting memos and present to management and credit department
- Close collaboration with the credit and client coverage teams during the structuring and primary syndication process
- Two-way coverage of institutional and bank investors during primary syndication, including:
(1) Support the primary distribution process by maintaining ongoing dialogue with investors to enhance market reading effort and increase underwriting and sub-underwriting opportunities;
(2) Serve as point of contact for investors: answer investor underwriting and due diligence questions, maintain a database of investor commitment levels;
(3) Provide guidance to bankers on investor client appetite, provide sell-down strategy for underwriting memos and provide feedback to Originations and Distribution senior deal leads; and
(4) Maintain the active database of comparable Project Finance transactions
- Current position, or 3-6 years prior experience in a project finance or related group at a major financial institution
- Solid understanding of the Syndicated loan business, including a strong understanding of credit agreements, deal structures, loan funding mechanics, ticking fees, etc.
- Financial statement, cash flow and credit analysis skills.
- Corporate finance, financial accounting skills
- Computer literacy (MS Office, Bloomberg / Reuters)
- Experience with Capital IQ, LCD, Bloomberg, and Loan Connector
- Financial Modeling skills are a plus
- Excellent communication skills: clearly articulates view point verbally and in marketing and presentation materials
- Familiarity with legal documentation is a plus
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, pressure oriented environment and deliver under tight deadlines
- Ability to work as part of a team and with Senior Management
- Detail oriented
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to manage internal and external customer relationships
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills while balancing workload and prioritizing effectively