Associate, Model Risk
The Risk Management team has direct responsibility for monitoring and managing market, credit, liquidity, model and funding risk exposures of firm-managed investments, providing reports and other tools to the Principals, portfolio managers and traders, setting and managing limits and approving all new or changed strategies, models and accounts. Firm Risk Management works with the Risk Committee to oversee the design and production of risk reports, and to analyze risk issues and partners with other departments to encourage best practices in risk management. The department has direct authority to order position reductions and trade hedges, and it manages the cash investments for all accounts. The team is responsible for model validation, stress testing, scenario analysis and contingency planning.
- Masters or D. in Finance, Operations Research, Math, Statistics, Econometrics or Financial Eng.
- 2-5 years of experience building and using investment models; validation experience preferred (esp. with investment models), but not required
- Experience working with all primary asset classes (equities, rates, credit, FX and commodities) and strong working knowledge of the economic relationships across asset classes
- A strong personality with the ability to maintain a healthy skepticism when interacting with specialized experts
- Ability to iteratively build, prototype and improve methodologies related to model validation
- A strong technical risk proficiency afforded by a career track record of accomplishments within investment management
- Programming experience, with demonstrated exposure to multiple languages such as Python, C++, SQL, Matlab
- Analytical and numerate with strong conceptual and practical problem solving and project management skills; someone who can thoroughly grasp complex situations, cut through to the key elements without getting lost in the detail, and deliver
- Able to work well as an advisor to others who have deep industry experience